DENTON COUNTY STAY AT HOME ORDER
- All individuals currently living within Denton County are ordered to STAY AT HOME
or their current place of residence. For the purposes of this Order, residences include
hotels, motels, shared rentals, and similar facilities. To the extent individuals are using
shared or outdoor spaces, they must at all times as reasonably as possible maintain social
distancing of at least six feet from any other person when they are outside their
residence. All persons may leave their residences only for Essential Activities within
Denton County (travel outside of Denton County is not prohibited), provide or perform
Essential Governmental Functions, or operate Essential Businesses, all activities as
defined and authorized in Section 2.
- All businesses operating within Denton County, except Essential Businesses as defined
below in Section 2b, are required to cease all activities at facilities located within Denton
County. To the greatest extent possible, all Essential Businesses shall comply with the
Social Distancing Guideline set forth by the CDC, including maintaining six-foot social
distancing for both employees and the general public..
- All public or private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a single
household or living unit are prohibited, except as otherwise provided herein. Nothing in
this Order prohibits the gathering of members of a household or living unit (an apartment
or house for use by one family).
- Restaurants and beverage bars with or without drive-in or drive-through services and
microbreweries, micro-distilleries, or wineries may only provide take out, delivery, or
drive-through services as allowed by law.
- Religious services conducted in churches, congregations, and houses of worship are
permitted if they cannot be conducted from home or through remote services, so long as
Social Distancing is maintained, and existing guidelines set forth by the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are followed. Religious services held outdoors
whereby individuals remain in their vehicles are strongly encouraged.
- All elective medical, surgical, and dental procedures are prohibited anywhere in Denton
County. Hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, dental offices, and other medical
facilities are directed to identify procedures that are deemed “elective” by assessing
which procedures can be postponed or canceled based on patient risk considering the
emergency need for the redirection of resources to COVID-19 response.